Gold Medal – Val &Alan Burton – Condo 4
Silver Medal – Barbara & Pat Jannetta – Condo 2
Bronze Medal – Marlene Eagan & Michelle Bondy – Condo 1
Summer Games 2019 Euchre Rules
The only change from 2017 is underlined in Rule 13.
- At the beginning, the cards are dealt face-up until the first Jack is dealt; the player receiving the first Jack deals.
- If the dealer chooses to pick up the trump card he/she must have at least 1 other trump (the left bower cannot count as the other trump card).
- If, on the second round designed to name a trump no one names a trump, then the dealer must call the trump. The original trump that was turned down cannot be recalled in any circumstances.
- If a player has no face card, no ace and no trump (after trump has been determined), he/she can “fold” and the same dealer deals a new hand.
- If a misdeal occurs (e.g., a card dropped on the floor, an incorrect number of cards distributed) then the deal must be re-dealt by the original dealer.
- If a player orders his/her partner up, then that player must go alone.
- If maker fails to get at least 3 tricks, then he/she is euchred (2 points go to the other team).
- If a maker chooses to go alone and gets all 5 tricks, then maker’s team gets 4 points.
- A maker who does not go alone and yet gets all 5 tricks receives 2 points for his/her team.
- If a player realizes (or is told) that he/she has reneged (“revoked”) before that particular trick has been turned and quitted, the player can withdraw his/her card and follow suit as he/she wishes with no penalty. However, if a revoke by a team is discovered after the trick has been finished, two points are awarded to the opposing team, and no points can be awarded for that deal to the offending team.
- There must be no table talk relating to the game. For example, a partner may not in any way hint that the other partner should play low because he/she knows that they have already won the trick. The normal penalty for inappropriate table talk is 1 point to the opponent, but one warning is allowed. Casual talk (weather, grandchildren etc.) is allowed.
- The Euchre Games Captain (or Condo Captain for playdowns) has the final say on the rules, which will be governed by “The Official Rules and Laws of Euchre” from www.euchrelinks.com/rules.html as amended by these BGCC rules.
- The tournament winner is the pair with the most points (not wins) at the end of the tournament. Silver and Bronze follow based on same application.
1. The winner of a head to head match.
2. If no head to head match, then all tied win the appropriate medal.
For a printable version click on Euchre Rules.