Tuesday Men’s Golf
January 10, 2023
Welcome to Ballantrae Men’s Golf League (BMGL) Website
Reflection on our 2022 Season
After a two year break from our normal weekly golf due to COVID, we were able to resume our competitive play with weekly prizes and our Spring Classic, Club Championship and Individual Championship events. Also, we were able to resume our month-end luncheons, following shotgun starts on the last Tuesday of each month from May to September.
Unfortunately, we had to cancel our Opening Luncheon at the end of April due to the lingering impact of COVID, but with appropriate protocols we were able to have five month-end luncheons from May to September.
- Individually wrapped sandwiches with deserts from Longo’s were provided on two occasions.
- Amica Unionville, Swan Lake and Newmarket very kindly provided individual lunches and deserts
- With the help of Lowell Dennis and other helpers, we had a great barbecue at the end of August
- End of Season Trophy and Prize Luncheon was obtained from Nonno Crupi’s with a selection of five different pizzas
- Total number of registered members in 2022 – 128
- Average number of golfers playing each week – 78
- Total number of weeks of play – 22
- Total number of rounds played – 1724
- Team Low net score – 106
- Team High net score – 150
- Holes-in-One – 6
Closest to the Pin Sponsors:
- Tim Hortons Ballantrae
- Ballantrae Pharmacy
- Dixon Garland Funeral Home, Markham
- Inside Out Decorating, Stouffville
At our 2022 year end luncheon on Sept 27, 2022, over 60 prizes were handed out, at a value over $6000 from our Sponsors. We currently have 30 Sponsors as shown on our web page and ask that you support them when possible.
Also, we awarded individual engraved trophies for the winners of the following tournaments:
- Phil Kostandoff Spring Classic
- Bill Burrow Club Championship
- Individual Gross and Net Championships – Red, Blended and White tees
One last note: We would like to express our appreciation to Derek Johnston, who has stepped down as one of your League Executives this fall and thank him for his participation and the time he has spent in helping us run this league.
Looking Forward to our 2023 Season:
Next year, we plan to repeat all weekly play, as well as championship events and month-end luncheons and we hope to have our normal Opening Luncheon on the last Tuesday of April (April 25, 2023). Our first weekly golf day will be on Tuesday May 2, 2023. Membership fees will remain the same at $95.00 plus an optional $35.00 if you wish to participate in the weekly 50/50 draw.
We are pleased to present to you our three new 2023 Executive Committee members.
- Dan Balfour
- Elio Palermo
- Fred Watkin
We thank each of them for stepping forward and, with the skills they all can provide, our league will be stronger. Thank-you gentlemen.
If you are a Ballantrae resident you and wish to join our golf league, please send an email to our league email noted below. We will add your name to our member list so you will receive emails in early 2023 regarding dues payment and Opening Luncheon details etc.
If you wish to know more about our league, please click the Link above, outlining how our league is run and proposed events for our 2023 season.
Have a good winter and see you in the spring.
Your BMGL Golf Team
Norm, Jay, Bob, Dan, Fred, Elio, Phil